Skip to main content

After too many hours spent trying to make the perfert layout with rrtrack and looking at many other sources I have come up with this.
Special thanks to this group on the forum especially Ace for helping me think outside the box more than I thought I could!
A few things I needed work through in my own head.
My footprint is 20'x4' with the with a 2' extension on one 8' end making that 6' wide instead of 4'
Oil Tanks,furnance, house power panel help create this footprint.
I run conventional only at this time.
After going back and forth on many things.
Mutiple trains running at one time? as of now No
Need reversing loops? as of now No
Second Level? finish the first level first. but as of now no.
Goals
Wanted as much as I could get on the layout of my NH collection
I have 3 complete trains 2 passenger with a Station 1 freight
6 sidings with smaller consists
2 areas for railyards and Engine storage.
If after I start running it I feel the need to change, I can connect 2 or the spurs to the main line and keep the interior sidings

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 2013_Layout
Files (1)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good Start! I am at the same spot, been redoing designs in RR-Track for over a year, and keep on worrying about the O36 Curves and Switches being too restricting for any future purchases I might like to do. One of these days got to just sit down and move forward as I have not been able to run anything I have in over a year now! :-(

It all depends on what you want to accomplish.  We all struggle with space issues (at least most of us do)  My footprint is a bit narrower so I stuck in revers loops at each end and single track from one end to the other.  The plan sort of evolved so producing a plan using any of the commercial programs would be hopeless.  I figured since it would be just me the single train at a time would be just fine.  I do have space however to hold 3 other trains that can be brought out at any time to alleviate the boredom of running the same train over and over.  One word of advice, 4 feet is a bit of a reach (I learned the hard way)  Make sure you can get at the back side of the layout.

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.