Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi everyone, I took some pictures so you can see what Im dealing with. As you can see i don't have much room. But im thinking if I split the table and put 3' on one side and 2' on the other side with some fold down bridges I might gain some room and still be able to get my harley in and out alot easier. Please tell me what you think. Plus I plan on putting a lower level in for staging engines and rolling stock.

Attachments

Images (5)
  • IMAG0278
  • IMAG0280
  • IMAG0282
  • IMAG0279
  • IMAG0281

Mike g.

you have a good deal in a small space...my complements to you...

side bar...My '05 Road King has the same back rest...and my garage looks just like that when I am working on the layouts I build...each year I modify the Christmas layouts for my brother's home and mine...the HD stays dry and watches as I work....

spaceghost

Originally Posted by jaypeakpow:

I have 2 in my thread. The one is similar to Dans with a climbing folded dog-bone.

https://ogrforum.com/d...nt/11144471758991202

Dan, did you build yours? Curious to know how your trains performed on the 5% grade. 

My layout is an adaptation of this.  I really like the plan because it is easier to divide the view so you aren't looking at the whole layout at once.  You can also operate multiple trains if you're careful.

Hi everyone, I took some pictures so you can see what Im dealing with. As you can see i don't have much room. But im thinking if I split the table and put 3' on one side and 2' on the other side with some fold down bridges I might gain some room and still be able to get my harley in and out alot easier. Please tell me what you think.

mike g.

IMAG0280

Just brainstorming ... might consider elevating the layout high enough to park the cycle under it, with an elevated access platform for the layout along one side. Maybe after you have done more work on the layout, cuz the higher height would hamper access. Just thinking ...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMAG0280
Last edited by Ace

Thanks Jeff and Ace, I love my new train hobby. But I have to tell you that my 08 Harley has never spent a night out side and never will unless Im at a hotel or something like that. I like everyones ideas. Just and up date I cut the table in 2 sides with a 2' on one side and 3' on the other side. It also gave me the chance to lengthen it by 2 feet. Once I get the garage cleaned then I will start on the fold down bridges, one for the where the walk in door is and one for where the roll up door is to get my bike out. I will attach some new pictures soon.

Ace I was reading some of your post and I was wondering if you could school me on inclines. I want to build a lower staging area under my 3' wide section and am not sure how long I need to make my ramps.

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.