Skip to main content

Currently putting together my Christmas tree layout and discovered how perfectly 031 Realtrax fit inside 036 Fastrack. Just wondering if you can get a loop of 042 Realtrax outside of that Fastrack loop. I tried finding inside dimensions of the realtrax but can’t seem to locate it anywhere, has anyone tried this? Wanted to find out before i actually go buy it. 

Thanks. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Use the O31 and O36 for measurements from the center rail to the outside edge of the roadbed. Those stay consistent. Only the diameter of the center rail will change.

It appears that RealTrax uses  the outside rail or "makes a circle of X inches" convention. FasTrack uses the  diameter of the center rail convention.

The O42 barely fits around the outside, probably won't with the roadbeds. I would answer - no it will not work

Ross O42 would work with Rossbed for another tight circle

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Circles

In Carl's pic, to me it looks like they just make it together.  So I tried it in RR Track and can confirm, it will not work.  As Carl said, Ross O42 will work.  Atlas O45 may also be another good choice.  Both can use Ross Roadbed and with the road bed painted, they would match fairly well.

Tony

FastrackO36-w-RealtraxO42

Attachments

Images (1)
  • FastrackO36-w-RealtraxO42: Fastrack O36 inside, Realtrax O42 outside.
Last edited by Tony_V

Add Reply

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.