Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You must do a conventional reset.  This is done by powering up the loco on a track without a TIU in the circuit.  Power up the track slowly to about 12 volts, holding the loco so it doesn't run amok.  Press the transformer whistle button once and then the bell button 5 times, at 1/2 second intervals.  Timing is critical.  If you get it right, you'll get 2 toots.  This is not a feature or factory reset that can be done from the remote.

I had this happen also.

With just the Lead A unit on the track and power applied does it move immediately, or does it start up first and then move?  If it moves immediately you need to reload the flash code, or you may have a damaged FET that causes reverse motion.

If it starts up first then moves, keep voltage around 8 to 9V where the engine just about stalls.  Hold it and do the conventional reset.  After that hit the direction button to get it to stop.  If it doesn't stop and keeps moving in reverse, time to send to a tech.  G

Thanks ggg and rjr i would think its out of warranty but ill check and will try it again holding it and using the 8 or 9 volt  hit the direction when it toot back. it does fine as long as i dont put it in a siding and kill the siding power, if i power the whole layout at one time it does fine

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.