Skip to main content

I have 8 fastrack switches currently remotely switched with the lionel switches that have been modified with longer cables. I also wired all the switches with constant power that is delivered from an MTH Power Block Z1000 aux port out.  See the switch plan below.  This transformer also controls the entire track system with one terminal track near switch 2.  Only four of the switches work (switch numbers 3, 1, 2 and 4) and I can change these switches with the their remotes.  However, the other switches (5, 6, 7, and 8) do not work at all.  All these switches are Lionel Fastrack Remote/Command Switches.   All these switches provide access to the four separate tracks seen in the picture that traverse the entire layout.Fastrack Switches with Four Track Layout  

I have double checked the wiring and even tried a separate transformer (Lionel CW80).  The the results are the same.  All these switches have been wired with separate power wires that feed from a junction which is fed by one wire from the transformer.   I am at a loss as to how to solve this problem.  Any suggestions appreciated!   

Thanks,     

Jim

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just for starters, with respect to Nos. 5-8:

1. Do they all light up properly at the switch lantern and the remote ?

2. Do they work manually when you turn the lantern ?

3. Are you using them in Command mode and do they work in command ?

4. Have you tried removing them from aux power and powering them through track power to see if they then work ?

5. Have you tried bench testing one of them to see if they work (with the remote) on either aux or track power ?

6. Can you test one of the switches while hooked up to the Z1000 with a meter to see if it is receiving power ?

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.