Skip to main content

Kind of weird, but just powered up my fastrack layout and my engines both old and new kill power when they reach the 1.375 sections of track on my layout.  Am I suppose to move the wires on the back of these small pieces or use it as is??  There are no gaps that I can see on my track.  Sorry, but I have not tried using fastrack before.  Dana

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Dana,

The wires remains if you are using it as a regular piece of track.

You remove the wire to isolate separate power districts, place a switch in place of the wire to kill power to a siding,yard stub, or roundhouse track.

The wire keeps the center rail connected. You will see a small space in the rail. It's very effective, as you have discovered. Put the wire back and you'll be good to go.

Well, at this point a multi-meter would be the tool to use to find where the problem is located.

It's easy enough to get the wires reversed when connecting to the terminals on the bottom of FasTrack.

I suppose an easy check is to confirm that all of U or common wires connect only to the outside rails. The crossing gate uses an isolated out rail (common) to activate it.

Check that you haven't reversed the one of the two isolated outside rail sections. The cut rail should be on the same side.

Other than that, we are guessing. You will need to describe your wiring in more detail or post a diagram.

if you follow the instruction sheets, everything should work.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.