Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by kgsouth:

Need a source for a 12-14volt AC power supply for switch motors and uncouplers.  Don't want to use a train transformer as it too easy to change voltage.

Some people use those low voltage light fixture transformers made by Malibu and others. They are 12 volt with various wattage. Home Depot sells the 120 watt unit for about $60.00

Originally Posted by ADCX Rob:

Just use the fixed voltage taps of any appropriate train transformer.

OR, use the programmable accessory output of a CW-80 for the most flexibility and fine tuning, with a full 5 amps available. The CW remembers the setting indefinitely, until you reprogram it.

That's what I use...acc output from CW-80. BTW, I tried using the adj output, but on my layout for lighting I could see the brightness wavering. With the acc output at the same voltage, the light was steady. Curious...sort of.

Originally Posted by cjack:
Originally Posted by ADCX Rob:

Just use the fixed voltage taps of any appropriate train transformer.

OR, use the programmable accessory output of a CW-80 for the most flexibility and fine tuning, with a full 5 amps available. The CW remembers the setting indefinitely, until you reprogram it.

That's what I use...acc output from CW-80. BTW, I tried using the adj output, but on my layout for lighting I could see the brightness wavering. With the acc output at the same voltage, the light was steady. Curious...sort of.

I use the K-Line Power Chief 120 watt accessory transformer. It has multiple voltages available from 3 volts up to 20 volts.

Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.