Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Check this service.   Usually pretty good at odd replacements.

You may want to contact Frank Timko.  He seems to have the ability to remove worm gears and re-install them on new motors.  I had sent him, a few years ago, an odd ball Weaver motor, worm and mounting.  He did an excellent job of installing the old worm on the new motor.  He also supplied motors with worms and mountings for a set of Weaver E8's that I upgraded.

I am going to make a SWAG (Systematic Wild A Guess) that the motors worms in a 3 rail unit of the same model and vintage are identical.   Many  units made at the same time may have the same motors.      it is even possible that MTH is still using the same motors, so you might find something in their parts bin that would work.

If you have the old motors intact, pull them out, take a picture of them, and contact Perry at The Toy Exchange in MT. Airy Md.....he has tons of MTH parts and chassis ......2 rail or 3 rail, they’re the same motors....I’ve swapped a boat load of 2 rail locos over to 3 rail, just by doing a complete truck swap....always used the motors over again in the 3 rail trucks no problems....he also has a bay sight, and sometimes those MAC chassis pop up with the motors in them.....swipe the motors, then sell off the rest of the chassis to a 3 railer....

Pat

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.