Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Erik C Lindgren:
Clark Probst was a big effluence in my model railroading hobby. As a boy in Mason City Iowa he showed me what weathering  and modeling can do for us. I recall fondly helping him with his CGW 5-7 F units and piggyback train back in 1989!

He is a great guy and one heck of a master modeler! Too bad he's HO

I love the expertise of folks like Clark over on Steam Era Freight Cars!   Did you see the truck models at the RPM?

And I much enjoyed my field trip after the 2013 Chicago March meet - We drove to Mason City to see the Iowa Traction Railway.  Followed and photographed all I could in the freezing weather... It was great, they left one of the BLW steeple cabs right along side the highway with the poles down. 

Didn't get to see any operation but I did get to stay at the Historic Park Inn, which as an FLW fan was awesome and recommended for everyone railfanning the area.

Originally Posted by suzukovich:

Great posting and some fantastic work. Why cant we have shows in Florida like that instead of the same tired, mostly same junk vendors regal railway shows..

Try not to confuse a trainshow or swap meet with a convention or mini-convention, the RPM meets usually fit better in the latter category. Sometimes a local trainshow may offer a few clinics, operating modular layouts, or even a model contest, but it's main function is to provide table space for it's vendors. The Florida RPM meet is held on Merritt Island (just South of Cape Canaveral) usually early in January.

Bill in FtL

The photos on the link were impressive.

I attended my first Prototype Modelers' Meet last year and was blown away by how meticulous many of the modelers were -- some right down to the rust streaks and graffiti. Lucky for me I picked two models that weren't rusted and/or covered with graffiti and my weathering was close to what was on the prototypes.

Last edited by AGHRMatt
Mike, I was NOT at the STL RPM, but from your description it sounds like it could be Jim Lincoln.  He's a P:48 modeler who has been designing quite a few items for the P:48 crowd using Shapeways 3D printing.  He now has a blog.

Originally Posted by Mike DeBerg:

There was a P48 modeler at the St. Louis event.  Has bolsters, truck conversion bars, coupler pockets, etc...  Anyone know who that was? Is he on shapeways?

Thank you Gregg!  It was Jim Lincoln.  Greatly appreciate the reference to his blog!

Originally Posted by Gregg Laiben:
Mike, I was NOT at the STL RPM, but from your description it sounds like it could be Jim Lincoln.  He's a P:48 modeler who has been designing quite a few items for the P:48 crowd using Shapeways 3D printing.  He now has a blog.

Originally Posted by Mike DeBerg:

There was a P48 modeler at the St. Louis event.  Has bolsters, truck conversion bars, coupler pockets, etc...  Anyone know who that was? Is he on shapeways?

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.