Skip to main content

I think with some care, we can create very thin window edges in die cast, while having the weight needed for pulling lots of cars in the yard. The 2 Rail models we made were full of weights, but the 3 Rail models will require all the space for the ERR circuit board and sound card and speaker.

I think this project may have some legs so I will add it to our website for reserving.

Thanks for all your input and concerns.

Scott Mann

Originally Posted by Ed Kelly:

Scott, et al,

I have to go along with PRRJIM and recommend the FM H-20-44 in ABS with a drivetrain similar to the one in the E-7's.  I think it would be a winner and is certainly worth a "float" on the Sunset website.

Regards,

Ed

Is there something wrong with the newly re-tooled MTH FM Train Master? The MTH model is offered in both 2-Rail AND 3-Rail.

Originally Posted by sdmann:

I think with some care, we can create very thin window edges in die cast, while having the weight needed for pulling lots of cars in the yard. The 2 Rail models we made were full of weights, but the 3 Rail models will require all the space for the ERR circuit board and sound card and speaker.

I think this project may have some legs so I will add it to our website for reserving.

Thanks for all your input and concerns.

Scott Mann

Scott,

One key factor with such a short/small model in 3-Rail will be the pick-up roller spacing, i.e the pick-up rollers may be so close together that the model just may stall on turnouts. Obviously that would NOT be an issue in 2-Rail.

These things are so tiny.  You could get away with doing them in 17/64, and folks would still think them small.

Did MTH do the 16-44?  How did I miss that?  I would love to have one of ther H24-66s. I already have three K-Lines, and they will have to do. Not as nice as MTH, but way ahead of their time for 3-rail models.

there's is absolutely everything right about the newest version of the MTH FM Trainmaster.

It looks likely to me that we will get a chance to see how well MTH does with diesels at the other end of the size and horsepower spectrum.

At the DCS users meeting on Wednesday night MTH talked about a new, medium sized Proto 3 decoder that is in development now.  It will be going in their upcoming S scale locomotives.  That would make it a perfect sized decoder for small O scale locomotives.  I followed up later and asked about the possibility of an O scale GE 44 toner from MTH and was told that they are considering it very, very, very strongly.

Originally Posted by Ted Hikel:

I followed up later and asked about the possibility of an O scale GE 44 toner from MTH and was told that they are considering it very, very, very strongly.

But, that's what MTH has been saying about a GE-44 Ton for about as long as I've been going to York. Every year they give you the feeling they are getting closer, but they never do it. (and if the did announce it it would probably take another 2-5 years to produce it

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.