Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nick,

What was made for the Cherry Valley club that Marty referred to was milled from 1/4 inch bar stock by two friends of mine in the north Baltimore area.

Terry Terrance also has very high quality PRR catenary components including the 1/4 inch H columns available in various plastic materials.

All of these folks attend the Strasburg 2 rail shows.

Originally Posted by rheil:

Nick,

What was made for the Cherry Valley club that Marty referred to was milled from 1/4 inch bar stock by two friends of mine in the north Baltimore area.

Terry Terrance also has very high quality PRR catenary components including the 1/4 inch H columns available in various plastic materials.

All of these folks attend the Strasburg 2 rail shows.

Thanks for posting up the details on the brass.

Terry also has his stuff at the last Strasburg show - looks like great stuff. 

Nick,

I typically do not post but read this forum daily to admire the work you guys do.  I build scale model farm machinery out of brass and typically use K&S stock, but there are some sizes that they do not make.   I found Precision Scale Model Engineering in Florida and have his catalog.   He stocks the 1/4 X 1/4 brass H which is machined.

It is .028 X 12 inches and price is $3.50 each.  Might be an increase in price since I got the catalog a couple years ago.  PSME phone number is 508-478-3148.  His catalog is about one inch thick and lots of material you might find a use for.  He does not have a website.   HTH  Armand

acmodelsofarizona.weeby.com

Originally Posted by ACguy:

Nick,

I typically do not post but read this forum daily to admire the work you guys do.  I build scale model farm machinery out of brass and typically use K&S stock, but there are some sizes that they do not make.   I found Precision Scale Model Engineering in Florida and have his catalog.   He stocks the 1/4 X 1/4 brass H which is machined.

It is .028 X 12 inches and price is $3.50 each.  Might be an increase in price since I got the catalog a couple years ago.  PSME phone number is 508-478-3148.  His catalog is about one inch thick and lots of material you might find a use for.  He does not have a website.   HTH  Armand

acmodelsofarizona.weeby.com

WOW!!  This looks very promising and I'll make the phone call Monday.  Thanks for the info ACguy.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.