Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi PRRHORSESHOECURVE...........It is that time of year when I change over from modern to steam. so all the modern stuff is boxed up for a year. And all the steam returns.  I did not test each car, I did not put the light weight cars directly behind or in front engines. Really only had two cars that fooled me, Atlas tropicana juice cars they derailed between two unweighted Weaver short tank cars, that stayed on track. Strange. I played all afternoon starting out at 100 feet.

Clem

Far Out!   That's hard to believe even when I'm seeing it.   It's an awesome layout.  The track & scenery are tops.  Trains working to perfection.   The engines didn't seem to be laboring, either....is that correct?    Yeah, and the couplers staying coupled....impressive.   And I'm with you on the traction tires.  Hate 'em.

Huge thumbs up

Russ...Mitch....Laz...... Phil.............Thank you my next one will be a long Amtrak !

The engines where not working hard at all, running I think 22 smph, At 27 smph I would trip a breaker if I had all nine  engines in the same power block. I have the track divided into 4 blocks, but with a train this size sooner or later all nine will be in the same block even if its on another level or other side of the room.

Clem

Bob.....Hoki71....Eddie g......Jack....Mark....William.....Jerry G......Elliot...........Matt.... Thank you for all the kind words..I'm just trying to have a little fun outside the box 

Matt.......All nine locomotives are powered, unfortunately some are getting old, so I'll have to replace 8 speakers, the Cotton Belt is still good.  

Elliot....... Once I got up to 175 feet minor things started happening. So about two hours after I got to 200 feet I took this video. It was a lot of fun, the 2.2 percent grade really messes with things. Gravity is strong stuff.

Im surprised nobody said anything about the 89' flat car piggyback consist.  The 9 locomotives are really four mu's operating under the DCS ALL function. You believe somewhere in there, are plastic Kadee couplers !!

Clem

The United States has set their limit on the length of freight trains on 3658m*, which was done because of the limits of the air brake technology. However, one special run on Union Pacific railway consisted of 296 container cars that were pulled by nine locomotives. The total length of that train was impressive 5.5 kilometers (3.4 miles).  

*3658m = 2.273 miles.   

Record length double the length of the posted train when converted to 1:1.  WOW~! 

Jim 

Last edited by carsntrains

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.