Skip to main content

Originally Posted by TMack:

Thanks,

I am lucky enough to have a canyon about 15 mins from my house with more sand and gravel I know what to do with.  I just pull over on the shoulder and go to work with my home made sifters.

5605027120_881b889ba4_b

Interesting, I love seeing how people use natural materials on a layout. Thanks for replying I'll see if I can find that color at home depot.

ted, I followed your thread and wondered what happened.  it looks great!  I know with young ones how hard it is to do anything.  my daughter likes to play with the trains and rearranges the people, adding monsters.   

you have a great idea with the toggles on the board to turn lights on and off.  my train shop has lots of buttons and toggles for kids to play with welding lights, beacons, etc.  makes it more fun.  I did not do this this time. 

my new layout is going into the garage also.  cars cant fit in my 8 foot high garages! so its now a train room!!  or going to be when I finish the drywall..............

I think that when all the kid stuff got going and I was having my trials with the elevated line, it got easy to put off. In December, once I got the elevated line finished and hooked up the lights for the city, it got me out of the stuck mode.  Still I think that if I look at how much stuff I have built between last March and this January in  buildings and scenery, that is half the battle.

Hi.. i was wondering if you have a drawing of your layout for the second level?

Originally Posted by TMack:

I roughed out the lower level.  I dont have track planning software.  I will try to get the upper level plan drawn out later today.

Fastrack 2012 Level One

I use these toggle switched to control the blocks so each of the yard lines will be blocked on separate switches so I can park an engine on either yard line.  Alos I am going to use about 8-10 toggles for lighting and accessories.  Kids love turning everything on and off so more switches is even better.  I have 3 CW-80s, 1 TW, and 1 LW.  I am going to pick up one more CW-80 maybe two and get rid of the older transformers.

toggle

For Accessories I have The Log Loader, Coal Loader and Milk Car.

Add Reply

The Track Planning and Layout Design Forum is sponsored by

AN OGR FORUM CHARTER SPONSOR

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.