Skip to main content

Andre, you're probably right, though it took years after WWII for the big 3 to ramp up production again...and during the war they were mostly making tanks, trucks, and bombers. Ford didn't release a new car until 1949...so at least for the latter half of the 1940s there would be a lot of 1930s cars/trucks still on the roads.

Back to the Menards vehicles, of which there seems to be a good variety from the 1950s onward models, has anyone confirmed their actual scale? To me, some of their vehicles and military items look more like 1:43 despite listed as 1:48, but I never confirmed one way or another.

I can’t post a photo right now but the Menards Denver Diecast 1/48 ‘s are smaller than the 1/43’s  of similar car models ie their Plm Fury vs a Road Champs Ford Fairlane, not by a lot but noticeable  side by side which is what started my first post on the subject.I’m even looking askance at the several  Buby models I’ve always loved now moving them around for best views.

maybe I’ll change my summer fall season to a blizzard and bury the differences !

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.