Skip to main content

Just a bit of fluff.

A 2025 Calendar I bought has a Lionel Authorized Service Station Clock on it's cover, and I was lucky to get one of these Clocks about 5 years ago.

20241016_114933[1]

20241011_141502_001[1]

I bought the clock from a friend, who got it from a friend, though the clock didn't work. The Neon light worked, but the clock motor wouldn't run. After gulping a few times, and crossing my fingers, I took the back off the clock, then removed the clock motor, trying to be careful to not where all the gears went that were exposed when the clock motor was removed. I found a site online that repaired this type of clock motor, so I shipped the clock motor, and in a few weeks, it was returned. Now came the part about getting all the gears back in their correct places and engaged with the motor. The only tricky gear I remember was the only gear with slightly curved teeth that had to be installed with curve in the correct direction so that when the motor starts rotating, it starts in the correct direction to get the clock to turn clockwise. Apparently, the clock motor on its own could start up turning clockwise or counterclockwise, but the curved teeth gear makes sures it always start in the correct direction.

Since the Clock is on the Calendar, I would like to assume the clock has some collector value.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 20241011_141502_001[1]
  • 20241016_114933[1]
Original Post

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.