Skip to main content

Here are some pictures of a new kit I am working on.  The kit makes a single steel tank 4" by 8.5" (16 by 34 scale feet), and comes with both a domed and flat top so you can build it either way.  The flashing red LED has built in rectifier, resistor and cap so you can run it on AC or DC 6-19 volts.  The logos come with it too.

P1010718

P1010719

P1010734

P1010751

Attachments

Images (4)
  • P1010718
  • P1010719
  • P1010734
  • P1010751
Last edited by Rich883
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good Question Alex :-)

The short answer is Yes.

If all goes well, we will have this kit, The radio tower I have also been working on, the kits we launched last fall, including the Background Apartment Building and the roundhouse.  

Plus we should have the General Office, the Flag Company  and the Pickle Factory back in production and available.

Maybe one other thing....

Originally Posted by Rich883:

Good Question Alex :-)

The short answer is Yes.

If all goes well, we will have this kit, The radio tower I have also been working on, the kits we launched last fall, including the Background Apartment Building and the roundhouse.  

Plus we should have the General Office, the Flag Company  and the Pickle Factory back in production and available.

Maybe one other thing....

Sounds great Rich, Looking forward to seeing you there

Thanks, Alex

Rich - They look great and may be suitable for my needs.  What I need is a Santa Fe water tank.  Would it be possible to take two of those and combine them?  Also, is it possible to get the tops without the light?

I am going to try and see your tanks at York.  I'm very interested.

Last edited by marker

Yikes Rich, where were they a month ago when I spent $90 a piece for the Lionel tanks, busted them loose from their bases, soda blasted the big ugly decals off, tore out the LED, filled all the holes, primed and painted the stupid things? lol Those look great!

I'll still need a couple of yours.... how bout some bigger ones in the future too?

I think I might spring for one or more of those tanks. I'm dabbling in On30 and some of my locos are theoretically oil-fired. Right-sized oil tanks are scarcer than coaling-towers. Also such tanks could fill out an industry not just for broad-gaugers, but narrow-gaugers, too.

Thinking about the Conoco tank cars that used to roll on the D&RGW and the C&S, wouldn't Conoco make a good addition to the logos?

Thanks Guys,

Hi Brad, yes the General Office will be available to ship this week, will post when on the web site.

We added new roof details, and of course new instructions.

Dave, thanks for the suggestions, nice logos.

I can suggest that as people want to customizes the logos of their choice to augment the ones we included int he kit, a goggle image search, a color printer, and a peel and stick labels like you can buy at Staples and other office supply stores make for a great result.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.