Skip to main content

Need help/advice.  When I put power to the track, this engine starts up, sounds on, can blow horn, ring bell, crew talk works, but the engine will not move.  Switched the run/program switch to program to reprogram, nothing happens. The run/program switch appears to not be changing from run to program or program to run.   If I power track off, switch to program or run, power track, engine starts up, can blow horn, ring bell, crew talk. works, won’t move. Checked Lionel support, none of the boards are available.  Took shell off, antenna appears ok, no broken wires etc.  Engine been sitting a few months, worked fine previous.  Any suggestions what may be the problem, how to repair if boards not available??

Thank you for any help in advance.

Last edited by W&W
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The motor being disconnected won't create an issue with the RUN/PGM switch.  First off make SURE the RUN/PGM switch has continuity from the switch to frame ground on one side and to pin-22 on the R2LC for the other side.  The failure to go into PGM mode is usually a wiring/switch issue.  When you switch to PGM, you should see frame ground on pin-22 of the R2LC.  If pin-22 is grounded and it doesn't go into PGM mode, the R2LC has a problem.

I have all the components with the exception of the RS5 audio board for the HHP-8 if you need them.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0

Thank you John for your help. I’m not experienced at making repairs.  Maybe I should send it to you for repair.  The audio appears to be working, engine noise, crew talk, bell, horn all work.  Do I have alternatives to get engine running w/sound, command control if boards are defective & can’t be found to replace?????   I’m going away for the weekend, will remove shell & look for any loose/broken wires.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.