Skip to main content

Hello. I'm trying to find three rail track similar to Bachmann's E-Z track but for running Lionel's post war 027 trains. Three rail and preferably with 027 curve radius.  With about 40 years using Lionel's tubular track - putzing around with missing pins etc etc, I'm ready to switch. I'm not sure anything like this exists. Can anyone give me some ideas? Thanks.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@Plains Guy posted:

Hello. I'm trying to find three rail track similar to Bachmann's E-Z track but for running Lionel's post war 027 trains. Three rail and preferably with 027 curve radius.  With about 40 years using Lionel's tubular track - putzing around with missing pins etc etc, I'm ready to switch. I'm not sure anything like this exists. Can anyone give me some ideas? Thanks.

O-27 was a Lionel thing followed by K-Line. But was obsoleted by Lionel with O-31 then that went away. You would have to lay your own track.

MTH RealTrax has SolidRails, not tubular, and a built in roadbed, BUT, has never been offered in 027 curvature

Pretty sure that current production MTH "RealTrax" is no longer solid rail.

Atlas O, offers Solid Rail 027 curvature, but doesn’t have the built in roadbed.

Don’t know of any offering with Solid Rail, Built in Roadbed, and 027 curvature  

It’s pretty much a “Pick TWO “ situation

Doug

I haven’t been active in the hobby for awhile, and it’s been even longer since I’ve bought any track, so if MTH RealTrax isn’t solid rail anymore, that is news to me, and a shame.

For around the Tree, I have mostly used RealTrax, but prefer the the look of Atlas O for more permanent uses. Wow has Everything gone up, in the past few years that I have been away from the hobby. It has never been a “Cheap” hobby, but with the prices I saw on my last couple trips to my old LTS, I don’t know how we can get anyone new interested, and started.

Doug

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.