Skip to main content

On recommendation of another forum member some time ago I purchased a couple of these 4 ohm speakers for upgrading PS2 engines.

I just installed one in a NYC Empire State Express with excellent results. These appear very efficient as this engine might be the loudest one in my collection which also includes PS3 and Legacy steamers. Not suitable for all applications as they are a full 50mm across but I have trimmed the edges to fit in another engine.

Great deal today. Usual disclaimers.

Pete

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Norton, thanks for posting. That really is a great price. 

Upgrading speakers is an easy project that almost anyone can do and in most cases will really make a difference in the sound. Simple projects that give instant results are the best, especially when they can be done for just a couple of bucks.

I agree the others, just make sure you use the correct ohm speaker. Nice thing is the ohms are usually clearly marked on the back of the speaker making it easy to do so. 

Originally Posted by bluelinec4:
Originally Posted by nsp154:

What year was the switch made from 5 to 3 volt?

It was around 2005  Some had some didn't   Easiest wat to tell is look at the battery  If its the squred off 9 volt size its a 5 volt board  If its the rounded off AA or AAA size its a 3 volt board

Actually Ben the last 5V engines came out of the 2003 Volume 2 catalog. All 2004 PS-2 engines forward were 3V systems until PS-3.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.