Skip to main content

Magnificent pictures everyone!!

Here's a Christmas layout I put up shortly after moving into our current house, and just as I was beginning my permanent layout downstairs.  It was the only year I built it as I concentrated on the permanent layout since then.  Maybe next year I'll build it again as the permanent layout moves further along.

PC251174

PC251168

"Mistletoe", Chief Railroad Supervisor.

PC261178

Mistletoe providing much needed guidance:

PC271179

PC281180

PC281181

PC281182

PC281183

PC281184

PC281185

PC281186

PC281187

Some outside decorations, Christmas evening 2002:

PC251162

PC251163

Attachments

Images (14)
  • PC251174
  • PC251168
  • PC261178
  • PC271179
  • PC281180
  • PC281181
  • PC281182
  • PC281183
  • PC281184
  • PC281185
  • PC281186
  • PC281187
  • PC251162
  • PC251163: Good thing Santa has Rudolph on a night like this!
Wonderful photos all.

Best time of the year for trains.

Originally Posted by Passenger Train Collector:

Keith, nice to see your Christmas tree is up. You can't beat the D56 Lionel Train Shop. I look forward to a video of your scale PE train this year.

The train shop is a charming structure and fits nicely with the loop under the tree.  I've been working over my carpet layout, but hope to get it cleaned up enough, soon, to do a new Polar Express video.  Hey, you put my favorite set under yours tree...the Spirit of the Century looks great there.  Your photos are beautiful.

PTC,

Do you have any doggie treats/toys in the stocking? My brother has a dog, and one year we had one of those doggie plastic squeak toys wrapped up in Christmas wrapping paper under the tree. The dog ignored all the other presents, but climbed over them to get to her present, and unceremoniously unwrapped it to get to her toy. She didn't even wait until Christmas. I guess dogs can either smell a toy, or maybe they are smarter they we think, and they can sense them?

Everyone's layouts are really nice. Brian and Skip, elevating a bit off the floor is an excellent idea.

Here's another night time scene from my Victorian village. It's not apparent from the photo - there are three levels of train lines, all interconnected by grades and Ross switches at various points on the railroad. That was a lot of work and unlikely to be reproduced again anytime soon.

DSC_1215-1

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSC_1215-1

trestrainfan:

There were no treats yet in the stocking we hung for Cody. He loves to chew on stuffed animals and the dog on the front of his stocking set him off to get it if he could.

By the way, there was a train related item in the picture. The lower left hand corner has a portion of the transformer that runs the train under the Christmas tree.

Cody is as curious as it gets and he does get into mischief occasionally. Last night he tugged at the wires connected to the track under the Christmas tree and pulled half of the track out into the hallway. When I realized what he had done, I had to laugh. I got down on my hands and knees and reconnected the track and there he was nose to nose with me as if to apologize.

Dogs are really great and a lot of fun.

I am not doing a big layout this year so I'll post last year's, which I never got around to posting.  This layout was done on a folding table, with a 4x8 wooden base I built on top of it.  There were two loops and an elevated S-curve subway line.

As always, my ideas were more than I had time to do, so I didn't get the details down like I had wanted.  The pictures were also taken while I was still in draft mode, so excuse the wires.

I don't have a permanent layout and only run trains at Christmas, so this year my plan is to do just that.  Run trains.  In past years, I've spent so much time setting up the layout that I don't get much time to actually sit back and run trains.  So this year I'm keeping it simple and running the **** out of my trains.

DSC_0143

DSC_0148

DSC_0155

DSC_0183

DSC_0195

DSC_0202

DSC_0211

DSC_0213

DSC_0220

DSC_0222

DSC_0226

DSC_0240

Attachments

Images (12)
  • DSC_0143
  • DSC_0148
  • DSC_0155
  • DSC_0183
  • DSC_0195
  • DSC_0202
  • DSC_0211
  • DSC_0213
  • DSC_0220
  • DSC_0222
  • DSC_0226
  • DSC_0240
Originally Posted by Hartman:

She may have taken everything including the Christmas tree & trimmings, but I still have the Christmas tree base & trains.

Dennis 2010

Hartman, That gave me a good chuckle this morning, Just look at that smile on your face.  Good thing I can see the transformer, or I would think you have to push your train around the track. Thanks for the chuckle and Good Luck. 

Chipset:

I looked at the pictures you are referring to in Brian's photos and I believe the one you are asking about is the Times Square Tower. I have an extra if you want one. The Empire State Building and the Times Tower are both by Department 56. These buildings were produced around 1999 and the Empire State building gets a pretty price on the secondary market. This is one of my favorite buildings.

I hope that this answers your question.

Ken:

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Your story is very heartwarming and this was a special relationship with your Dad with your love of O-Gauge trains. The 261 will always be special to you as your Dad wanted you to have it.

Your 2012 Christmas layout is impressive and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.