Skip to main content

My first ever Christmas tree layout.  I had to leave room on both sides for the dog to look out the window, so I was limited to 3' X 4" so I went with a birthday cake layout.  The remote Thomas is on the floor for my grandson to run.  The center layer is most of a village my Dad used to put under there tree and I added his 130's Lionel set.  The top layer is a Bachmann N scale I got specifically for Christmas.

Kevin

P1000666 [800x600)
P1000676 [800x600)
P1000668 [800x600)
P1000674 [800x600)
P1000673 [640x480)

P1000672 [640x480)

Attachments

Images (6)
  • P1000666 (800x600)
  • P1000676 (800x600)
  • P1000668 (800x600)
  • P1000674 (800x600)
  • P1000673 (640x480)
  • P1000672 (640x480)

This year my wife suggested I run a "real train" under the tree. I've run a wide guage Thomas and LGB for a number of years, and fail to see how these are not "real trains", but okay, I'll bow to the powers that be. So I decided to get out the train that started it all for me, a Lionel steamer set that my parents gave for Christmas many years ago. I looked into when they gave it to me, and found out that the set is 50 years old this year! Man, that was a bit of a shock! But I have to admit, I've had many pleasent experiences and met many nice people because of having this train. Heck, I would not have met my wife, but that's a convoluted story for another time.

My Train

Here is our cat Garfield, supervising train movement.

Garfield1

Chris

LVHR

Attachments

Images (2)
  • My Train
  • Garfield1
Well, after forty plus years, there is, again, an O gauge train under the Christmas tree.  This is my first photographic post on the forum so I apologize for the quality of my work.  YOU, the members of this forum, inspired me to set up this simple twice-around layout under the tree.  Hopefully, both the layout and the photographer will improve.
Merry Christmas,
Ron

This years Christmas layout. Flying the Lionel flag on the other side of the pond.

Tree

Polar Express and operating egg nog (milk) car.

Got out my Lincoln Logs set for the little lad so, so we built the cabin under the tree.

lower tree

Lionel Trains christmas lights, 50's style bubble lights.  New for this year a tree topper we picked up from Lowes on our trip to the States in October. Added the Hallmark Lionel items for this year and the BTTF DeLorean. Little lad added chuggington and Polar Express Hallmark bits and the chipmunks again from Lowes.

We think there was better Christmas tack available in the States this year.

Have a good Christmas

Regards

Nick   

My yearly christmas card

"East Bound n Down"

On Monday June 25th 2012we see this lone Iowa Interstate SD38-2 on a train passing thru Sheffield Illinois. The symbol for this train is CRPE-25 (Ceader Rapids to Peoria), empty coal train. At Silvis it picked up some extra hoppers. This crew will tie the train up shortly outside of Bureau, Illinois by the small yard alongside Lake Rawson.

Merry Christmass
Copyright 2012 Mike Slater

SCN_0024

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SCN_0024

HarleyHouse:

Just loved the photos of your pet taking his annual Christmas train ride.

OliverCliffs:

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your wonderful Christmas Photo post. Hope to hear from you often.

demestan:

Beautiful job on your Christmas layout.

To ALL Forum members who posted their Christmas layout photos this year:

Thanks for making this the best display of Christmas layouts I have seen since joining this Forum. Your talent is obvious and I know that the entire Forum loved looking at your photos and videos. Merry Christmas to you all.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Ste 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.